Kids nowadays are much more advanced than in previous generations. In their age, they are born with internet-connected systems that are way beyond their comprehension. So, their ride as kids also needs to be upgraded to at least battery-based rides.
This article will review Razor E100 Electric Scooter, which might be the perfect gift for your kid.
Razor E100 Electric Scooter Reviews
What’s in the Box
- 1 Razor E100 Electric Scooter with detached handlebar
- Some paperwork (Manual, Warranty)
The assembly process is simple enough and does not require any additional tools. But you will need a bicycle tire pump to fill up the front tire. There are only two parts to assemble. Let’s get started.
1. Handlebar Setup
- Open the quick release on the handlebar.
- Depress the push button located on the front fork.
- Insert the handlebar stem until the button locks securely into the fork.
- Adjust the tension of the quick release to where you can close the lever all the way to secure the stem.
2. Tire Inflation
- The front tire usually loses the inside air for various reasons and needs to be refilled. The E100 has a Schrader type valve. You can quickly get one in the local bicycle store.
- Using the bicycle pump, inflate the front tire to the correct PSI indicated on the tire’s sidewall.
Note: You will need to charge the battery for 12 hours before the first ride.
Razor E100 Electric Scooter Features
For a kid’s scooter, Razor E100 uses many durable materials. The materials made the scooter an impressive ride for regular usage. Let’s dive into its build quality, design, and riding experience.
1. Build Quality
Your kid can rough-use this scooter for an extended period. Many users’ first-hand experiences testify to the durability of this scooter. The overall build is sturdy and heavyweight.
The principal material for the frame is steel. As a result, the scooter is heavyweight and durable at the same time. The frame can withstand any abuse from an eight years old kid.
The front wheel has a pneumatic tire. The frame of the wheel is aluminum made and is quite durable. One the other hand, the rear wheel features a Urethane shell. This shell provides better durability as the overall weight is on the back portion of the scooter.
The handbrake of this scooter features a Caliper brake. This brake is less sturdy than a disc brake. You might want to replace the brake shoes from time to time for better riding experience.
iv) Battery and Motor
This scooter has a battery pack of 24 volts and can run up to forty minutes. Because it is a lead-acid battery pack, it requires a longer time to charge.
The motor has a 100 kW of power. This is enough for your kid’s regular usage and keeps the speed limit to safety.
The design of E100 has a focus on kid-friendly quality. As a result, the overall visual outlook is impressive. Here are some of our picks for its design aspects.
i) Smaller Deck with Larger Width
The deck is 21 inches long and 7 inches wide. But interestingly, the width is spacious enough to keep both feet side by side. So, kids can move their feet flexibly and scoot with comfort and ease. Moreover, the deck can bear up to 120lbs of weight.
ii) Comfortable Handlebar Length
The handlebar is 22 inches long. This height is long enough for kids aging from 8 to teenage. But sadly, this is not a suitable length for adults. Then again, this scooter is not for adults!
iii) Easy to Use Handbrake
The handbrake of this scooter is designed for a safe scooting environment. As a result, the brake is not as powerful as disc brakes. But disc brakes are designed for more pro riders, and this scooter is designed for entry-level scooter riders. So, this handbrake is easy for any kid.
iv) Scoot and Throttle
The throttle of this scooter features a scoot-and-throttle system. This feature is suitable for kids, as it balances the speed before the motor takes over. You need to scoot for at least three mph to synchronize the motor rotation.
3. Riding Experience
The riding experience of this electric scooter is fascinating. We have assessed the performance based on the driving experience of non-adult riders. Here are our picks.
i) Safe Speed Limit
This electric scooter has a ten mph speed limit. This speed is safe for users who have little or no riding experience. Compared to kick scooters, your kid will enjoy the speed upgrade.
ii) Up and Down-Hills
From various user feedbacks, the uphill and downhill driving is impressive for a 100 kW motor. The charge lasts for around 30-35 minutes for climbing on high curvature terrains.
iii) Battery Performance
The charge of this battery lasts for 40 minutes. But the real issue is that it takes nearly 8 hours to get fully charged. This might seem like a downside of this product, but it is not quite so. The battery is designed to get the charge overnight and run only for fun times. So, this is enough for your kid’s needs.
- Run Time: Up to 40 minutes of continuous use
- Speed: Up to 10 mph (16 km/h)
- Motor: 100-watt, kick-to-start, high-torque
- Handlebars: Height 22” (552 mm)
- Throttle: Twist-grip
- Brake: Hand-operated, caliper, front
- Frame/Fork: Steel
- Grips: Soft, rubber
- Deck: Kid-sized –length 21” (530 mm), width 7” (180 mm)
- Front Tire: 8” (200 mm), pneumatic
- Rear Wheel: Urethane
- Kickstand: Retractable
- Battery: 24V (two 12V) sealed lead-acid, rechargeable
- Includes: Battery charger
- Product Dimensions: 33.1” x 16.1” x 35.7” (840 mm x 410 mm x 907 mm)
- Weight: 26lb (11.8 kg)
- Age: 8+
- Max Rider Weight: 120 lb (54 kg)
- Some assembly required
Feature and Specification Summary
|Built||* Run Time: Up to 40 minutes of continuous use|
* Speed: Up to 10 mph (16 km/h)
* Brake: Hand-operated, caliper, front
* Frame/Fork: Steel
* Grips: Soft, rubber
* Front Tire: 8” (200 mm), pneumatic
* Rear Wheel: Urethane
* Kickstand: Retractable
* Battery: 24V (two 12V) sealed lead-acid, rechargeable
* Weight: 26lb (11.8 kg)
|Size||* Dimensions: 33.1” x 16.1” x 35.7” (840 mm x 410 mm x 907 mm)|
* Deck: Kid-sized –length 21” (530 mm), width 7” (180 mm)
* Handlebars: Height 22” (552 mm)
|Speed||* Run Time: Up to 40 minutes of continuous use|
* Speed: Up to 10 mph (16 km/h)
|Suitability||* Age: 8+Max Rider |
* Weight: 120 lb (54 kg)
|Service||90 days manufacturer warranty|
Razor E100 Scooter Specialty
Designed for Kids
E100 is specifically designed for kids. For this reason, the frame structure, battery life, and motor capacity are balanced in a way to satisfy kids’ needs. The deck size is also small for adult usage.
There are no headlights. So, parents can effortlessly implement restrictions about not going outside after night.
Also, there are no locks. So, kids’ need to be near their homes for safety. Without locking options, kids cannot take the scooter to schools.
Easy to Balance
The handlebar height, deck size, twist-grip throttle, and convenient handbrake makes this scooter an easy-to-balance ride. Additionally, the air-filled front tire is excellent for bump absorption.
Moreover, scoot-and-throttle is a comfortable way to have a balanced driving for kids.
The scooter will cost you around only a hundred bucks. The expense is cost-efficient. The durability of the battery is about five years. Your kid will probably outgrow the scooter before that expiration.
If you are interested in making the ride last longer, you can change the batteries (and tire if needed), and the scooter is good to go!
- Easy to use
- Durable material
- Good battery life
- Safe speed limit
- The motor is noisy
- It takes a fair amount of time for a full charge.
- We recommend the riders always wear helmets, knee and elbow caps. Since this product is for kids, we suggest the parents keep proper supervision.
- The brakes are not enough for firm control over the speed. So, we recommend that parents should teach kids to control throttling.
- Do not open the lid of the battery without technical knowledge. It may burn or even explode.
We recommend this product to those looking for an entry-level electric riding option for your kid while keeping a check on the budget. This scooter will give a durable and safe riding experience to your kid. Thank you for reading!