Riding a scooter is extremely exciting and cool. When you own your scooter, you inherently get the self-empowered and confident look. But it is very essential to maintain the safety of a rider. You can often be confused about which is the best helmet for scooter riders and which one you should buy. From this article, you will know about the 10 best scooter helmets of 2021 and will be relieved from your fear of confusion and buy your preferred helmet for your safety!
Best Scooter Helmets Reviews
We understand your dilemma while buying a scooter helmet as it’s an important accessory for your safety. So, this article will present to you the reviews we’ve researched through customer satisfaction and what topics you need to think about, in detail.
Don’t panic! You may have your own budget preference and point of view on having a moped helmet. Just read the whole article before you make up your mind. We’ve offered our heart and soul to assure you with the best quality product you can find for yourself!
1. Dual Certified Scooter Helmet
Triple Eight is an affordable helmet with a durable construction and is smartly engineered to meet all your safety requirements. It’s known as one of the best multi-impact helmets, thanks to its unique design and unmatchable quality. It also complies with the U.S. CPSC Bike and ASTM F-1492 Skate safety standards.
- Available in three sizes
- Black Glossy Colour
- Triple Eight Brand
- Inner Material EPS
- ABS shell with impact-absorbing EPS foam liner
- Two different sets of removable Sweatsaver Fit Pads
- Adjustable chin strap with side release buckle
- Perfect blend of classic Triple Eight style
- Unparalleled fit and protection
- Dual-certified for both bike and skate
- Close fit and low profile
- Ideal for biking, skateboarding, scooters, BMX, roller derby
- No liner separation in its interior
- Easily removable and moisture-wicking sweet saver fit pads
- Adjustable side release buckle chin strap
- Too heavy
- Unsuitable for youth and child
It can be easily said that if you buy this, this would be one of the best buys of yourself. The major part of choosing this product is it is very standard for protection and very low-maintenance. Also, it works amazingly adjustable and helps to protect your jaws by its chin strap. You need not to worry about sweating while driving long because it will save you by its sweat saver pads. Only if you’re buying for a child, you think to reconsider.
2. Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet
The Razor V-17 Multi-Sport helmet provides you with superior security and protection and combines outstanding quality with modern design. It is also loved by the young generation for it’s eye-catching look and made of high-quality materials.
- Sizes for youth
- Head Circumference 22-23.5 inches
- Head Circumference 56-59.5 cm
- Approximate age 8-14
- Available in a cutting edge design and different colors.
- Inside padding is ergonomically designed with foam
- 17 side and top vents
- Adjustable strap belt
- Definitely hard and durable
- Perfect individual fit guarantees ultimate comfort
- Easily affordable and adjustable
- Inside foam padding
- Outer shell is scratch-resistant
- Keeps the head cool
- Complies with CPSC standards
- No strap pinching under the chin
- Two years limited warranty
- Age limit is misleading
- Sometimes extra pads don’t stay in the place
This helmet is extraordinarily suitable for the young generation. So if you’re thinking of securing your child while riding a scooter, you can definitely buy this. This great helmet is able to save lives when children are out enjoying themselves, trying to be the next stunt master.
3. XJD Adjustable Scooter Helmet For Kids
This is one of the best moped helmets for the kids. Wearing this helmet kinds will feel much safer and more confident, and thus perform better in sports activities. It also has impressive specifications suitable for a kid to ride their scooter without any tension!
- Made of ABS and EPS
- Helmet head circumference is 48-54 cm /18.89”-21.26”
- Durable tough shell with soft liner
- Multiple vents
- Special aerodynamic design
- Breathable foam
- Recommend Age is 3-8 years old
- Adjustable spin dial on the back
- Certified by CPSC CE
- Suitable for Multi-sports activities, including cycling, skateboarding, scooter
- Made of tough and durable materials
- Absorbs sweat
- Perfect, adjustable and safe fit
- Easily removable and washable inner lining
- Makes feel cool even during intense body movement
- Absorbs external pressure caused by a crash in outdoor activities
- Very less pricey
- Easily breaks due to lightweight
XJD adjustable scooter helmet for kids is a winning buy if your little child is very much into sports. It also offers to protect your kid if they’re newbies in riding a scooter. Please be sure of the size and fit when you’ve made up your mind to buy this!
You May Also Like : 10 Best Scooter Decks Review & Buying Guide
4. Joovy Noodle Helmet
You may think of Joovy Noodle as a basic, affordable helmet at first sight, but trust me, it’s one of people’s favorites for toddlers and young preschoolers. As many features are not typically found on the typical budget helmet, it will give you incredible advantages and fantastic features which will be pretty rich for your precious kid.
- Available in two sizes: Small and medium
- Helmet weight: 0.5 lbs
- Head size for small helmet is between 18.5-20.5” (47-52 cm)
- Head size for medium helmet is between 20.5-22 (52-56 cm)
- Helmet dimensions are 6.5″ H x 8.5″ W x 9.5” D
- 14 air vents with integrated bug mesh in the front vents
- Nylon straps and pinch guard chin strap
- Extended visor for maximum protection
- Adjustable fit dial
- Easy to Get a Great Fit
- Incredible internal pads
- Colorful outlook
- High-quality, sport performance fabrics
- Absorbs sweat
- Best ventilation system
- Complies with U.S. CPSC Safety Standard
- Adjustable dial for sizing and a no-pinch
- Adjustable chin strap for extra comfort
- Protects eyes from the sun by a visor
- Protects forehead and faces from face plants
- A limited size range for infants
- Velcro straps are not well glued
A Joovy Noodle Helmet is special because its features are sometimes basic, but sometimes extremely high-end. You should look for it if you want to gift your infant an experience of riding, then it’s an insane bang for your buck!
5. Thousand Adult Scooter Helmet
Thousand Adult Scooter Helmet is the first-ever stylish bike helmet to keep riders safe. It offers you the advantage of locking up the helmet with your scooter. If you’re an adventurous adult, want to explore the finest experiences of having a moped helmet and want to have a protecting environment, this helmet is just for you!
- Unisex helmet
- Arctic Grey Color
- Patent-pending PopLock
- Dial Fit System in back of the helmet
- Magnetic Buckle
- Sustainable microfiber vegan leather straps
- Seven air vents and three cooling channels
- Carbon neutral commitment
- Mindful supply chain
- Ideal for bike commuting, recreational cycling, and skateboarding
- Certified by ASTM and CPSC standards
- Fashionable and secure
- Compact and lightweight
- Anti helmet-theft guarantee
- Usage of a U-lock or chain to lock
- Soft and Fitting padding
- Accident replacement guarantee
- Finger pinch-free
- Comfortable and Sweat-free
- Survives rigorous environments and accidents
- Carbon footprint reduction
- Authentic materials
- Amazing ventilation system
- Unsuitable for children
- Slightly expensive
The helmet is a perfect buy for it’s ideal specification if you’re an adult. The innovative specification of locking the helmet behind gives it an extra edge over others. Moreover, it’s fantastic outlook, and splendid specifications offer to keep you protected and comfortable. So, if you are least bothered about the price, this should be a perfect helmet thinking about everything!
6. Triple Eight Sweatsaver Liner Scooter Helmet
According to the manufacturer, this is one of the best-impact helmets on the market. It is a classic skate helmet for kids, youth, and adults, with ABS outer shell and stink-free, moisture-wicking sweat saver liner.
- Comes in six sizes
- Weighs two pounds
- Sweat saver liner attaches with hook-and-loop tape
- Adjustable chin strap
- Terry cloth design
- MIPS technology
- ABS outer shell
- Amazing power of absorbing sweat
- Retain odors
- Stylish and classy
- Highly adjustable
- Moisture-wicking anti-bacterial treatment
- Irritation free comfort
- Reduces rotational forces
- Doesn’t meet any national safety standards
- More warning levels
- Only intended for recreational use
- Low-speed impacts
- Need to replace easily
The Triple Eight helmet can be the perfect choice if you’re searching for a cool looking helmet. It features an innovative multi-impact design, which is pretty rare. You should keep in mind that these helmets are designed as one and done, meaning one crash, and the helmet must be replaced.
You May Also Like : 10 Best Scooter Bars – Reviews & Buying Guide
7. Apusale Scooter Helmet
The Apusale Scooter helmet is an ultra-lightweight and comfortable helmet for people of all ages. It offers services for toddlers, youth, and adults as well. Customers find it as a very good looking, comfortable, and secure helmet to protect from danger. Also, it’s fascinating colors give it a different look.
- Unisex for children, youth and adult
- Side release buckles
- ABS outer shell
- EPS inner shell
- 12 vents
- Adjustable strap and spin dial
- Removable inner lining
- Very lightweight
- Bright colors
- Complies with CPSC standards
- Ensures safety on impact
- Cool and comfortable
- Provides professional protection
- Reduce sweating
- Ensures better fit
- Easy for children to tighten
- Knob breaks easily
Apusale scooter helmets are a very low profile helmet providing the best services. You should definitely buy it if you’re thinking of protection as well as comfort. Just be careful of the perfect fitting of the size, and your riding will be happier than ever!
8. Pro-Tec Classic Certified Scooter Helmet
The Pro-Tec Classic Certified helmet is a team favorite across every sport. It’s called “The Classic” for a reason. Pro-Tec Classic Certified Scooter Helmet has been around for ages and set the stage for nearly every other half shell on the market. Let’s learn about it’s features and figure out if this is for you or not!
- High-impact ABS shell
- EPS inner liner
- Dirt Jump riding style
- 11 open vents
- Heat-sealed premium pads interior
- Compression-molded pads
- A wide array of styles
- Adjustable straps
- Good fit
- Complies with CPSC and ASTM standards
- Easily modified
- Effective for mellow days and trails
- Good looking shape
- Super durable
- Great airflow
- Sturdy and comfortable
- Lining on top of the foam sometimes peels away
- Lack of ventilation
It is a perfect fit and reliable moped helmet. You would feel secure while trailing or test runs wearing this helmet. So, if you’re a bit adventurous and want to explore, this one would be excellent for you!
9. JBM Multi-Sports Helmet
The JBM multi-sports helmet is aerodynamically designed for speed and designed explicitly for multi-sports purposes, including cycling, skateboarding, scootering, inline & roller skating. It is designed to face heavy and rough impact for which it is armored with a hard shell and ultra-soft padded lining to dampen shocks.
- Comes in three sizes
- Easily adjustable straps
- Quality hard shell
- Tough and durable PVC & P.C. and EPS foam padding liner
- Extra cushioning
- Ultra-strong material
- Multiple vents and foams
- A tough durable exterior shell
- Multiple vent system
- Comes in a whole range of colors
- Impact resistance
- Gives a hundred percent protection during impact
- Reduces shocks
- Breathable foams
- Eases sweating
- Banishes sweat odors
- Weight saving and strain easing
- Tough measurements
This helmet is a jack-of-all-trades. It won’t confine yourself to scooter riding only, just one JBM helmet will do these all- inline skating, roller skating, bicycle riding, rollerblading, and longboarding. With its vintage design and no significant drawbacks, it will protect you while doing multitasking sports.
You May Also Like : 10 Best Scooter Grips Review & Buying Guide
10. KORIMEFA Multi-Sports Helmet
This multi-sport helmet is a good choice for kids, youth and adults, and is specially designed to offer you perfect protection for many outdoor sports. This is suitable for skating, roller skating, biking, cycling, scooter BMX, etc.
Let us figure out if this is the perfect helmet for you or not!
- High-density ABS outer shell
- EPS foam inner
- Multiple air vents and sponge pads
- Adjustable elastic straps
- Two lines of elastic velcro closures
- Removable internal foam
- Minimum head size is 19.0-21.7 inch/50-55 CM
- Nylon strap and safe buckle
- Adjustable dial
- Handy sizes
- Washable inner sponge lining
- Adapted to different head circumferences
- Durable adjusting buckle
- Air ventilation designing
- CPSC and EN 1078 Certified
- Shock absorbing
- Full rear head safety
- Reduces sweating
- Very flexible and super convenient
- Easy to break
- Comprises look
This helmet can be a good racer in the race of buying helmets for multiple purposes. Though you have to compromise with the look sometimes, but KORIMEFA Multi-Sports Helmet can be very comfortable to you if you’re madly into racing, riding, and sports!
Things to Consider Before Buying a Scooter Helmet
A helmet is one of the essential accessories while riding a scooter. It can save your life in various circumstances. So, this is very important to choose the right helmet for the rider. The following are some things that you need to consider before buying a helmet and take your decision on account of those:
The Building Material
A convincing scooter helmet is a composite of two principal protective parts. The outer shell is thin and hard, while another is a thick, soft liner for the internal lining. You need to be very sure about the building material of the helmet and choose one that gives you comfort and keeps you secured.
If you buy a helmet and it doesn’t fit you, then it won’t be able to protect you from accidents. Measure the head and neck requirements perfectly. The helmet should be positioned low so that the entire forehead is protected, but eyebrows are exposed. Once placed on the head, verify that your field of vision is not impaired or obstructed in any way. The helmet should never be too tight or too loose. If it doesn’t fit well, do not buy it.
You May Also Like : 10 Best Scooter Wheels Reviews & Buying Guide
Road Safety Rating
Do make sure your helmet is professionally certified for scooter riding. Federal protocols are in place, which makes it mandatory for companies to certify their products. Always try to buy a helmet that complies with some professional security standards. If it does not, avoid buying it.
A heavyweight helmet will lead you to more injuries. If it makes your head feel very heavy, refrain from buying it. There is a myth that the heavier a helmet, the stronger it is. The myth is not at all true. There are many lightweight helmets available in the market which provides the utmost protection. Also, you need to obviously ensure a lightweight helmet if you’re buying for a toddler or a kid.
Purchasing a helmet with a face shield is of great importance. A recommended face shield for regular scooter riders is the one that comes with a full face visor. This will protect the face from debris, bugs, dust, and wind. So, your face will be protected if you face any accidents.
Durability & Outer Shell
This is very important to select a durable helmet so that you shouldn’t have to replace one quickly. Also, the outer shell matters the most as it tends to protect your head from the impacts. Ensure buying a good outer shell helmet so that the force of impact is absorbed and efficiently absorbed by compression diffusing the destructive energy well before it can be transmitted to your head.
Impact Absorbing Liner
If the helmet doesn’t provide you with a soft impact-absorbing liner, you will be injured from the inner part. Always try to buy a helmet that offers a soft and foam padding cushion and soaks up any residual shock.
Field of Vision
Always avoid helmets that do not afford a full uninterrupted field of vision. Any compromise on this could lead to fatal accidents. The eyeport area should be enlarged so that you could enjoy a full field of vision, including a convenient peripheral range. It should also be provided with top vents so that you can avail of the Shutoff options.
Ventilation & Sweat Absorbance
Decent ventilation is extremely important from the angle of comfort and also for health. Clean air keeps your head cool and fresh under the lid. You need to look carefully for inlet and outlet vents at the top and sides and the spacing. A good ventilation arrangement should allow wind to flow onto the face and head. Also, it would be a cherry on the pie if the helmet would absorb sweat and give you a fresh, relaxed feeling.
You May Also Like : 11 Best Scooter Locks In 2020 – Reviews & Buying Guide
Buy my words, never compromise with your comfort. If the helmet doesn’t make you feel comfortable, do not buy it even if it has amazing specifications and looks eye-catchy. The scooter should give you enough comfort and make you easy so that you can ride your scooter happily.
Outlook & Color
Well, it varies from person to person, whether the outlook should matter to them or not. If your helmet offers a stylish and classy look, these would be a plus one for you! Although, We recommend riders to choose bright colors, so they are detectable and visible from everywhere.
Scooter helmet regulations vary from state to state in the U.S. It would be wise to know which legislation your state follows for wearing a helmet. However, regardless of the law where you live or are riding, we would urge you to wear one anyway.
Be very clear about the warranty of the helmet you’re purchasing. You can not waste a good amount of cash in repairing or replacing after buying a helmet. So, if the warranty is good enough, you can think about buying that helmet.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use a bike helmet for a scooter?
Bike helmets don’t protect the same way as a scooter helmet does. Scooters are way more speedy than bikes, and they are designed to reach traffic speeds at busy roads, so the helmet must protect against a more severe crash. Also, scooter helmets need to be legally certified by safety standards, so you can’t use a bike helmet for the scooter.
2. Can I wear a skate helmet for cycling?
A helmet which is suitable for both cycling and skating must have both CPSC (The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission) and the ASTM F1492 standard. Usually, a skate helmet complies with the ASTM standard. Compliance with the CPSC standards is required for cycling. So, if your skate helmet complies with CPSC standards, you can wear it for cycling.
3. Are full face helmets safer?
Full face helmets are statistically much safer than any other helmets on the market. In general, these helmets decrease the risk of death by 37% or a Traumatic Brain Injury by 69% in the event of an accident. It also protects you from rain, dust, debris and wind noise.
You May Also Like : 10 Best Toddler Helmets for Scooter With Buyer’s Guide
4. Do bike helmets expire?
Well, a bike helmet doesn’t really have an expiration date. But, it is recommended to replace after every three to five years. The reason is that the padding foam degrades due to sun, heat, salty sweat and other environmental factors, added to the usual knocks of regular cycling activity and the outer shell can also be damaged on regular impacts.
5. How do I know my helmet shape?
Shapes and sizes are essential in wearing a perfect helmet. You will need a tape measure, place it around your forehead and wrap it all the way around. Take your shape measurement in centimeters and inches, and compare with the chart provided by the manufacturer. Thus, you’ll be able to know your perfect shape.
We absolutely understand that it’s a pretty confusing task to make up your mind while purchasing something. This is why the article is here to help you to describe the features, pros, and cons of some famous scooter helmets with a buying guide. Now, it should be easier for you to select your own helmet in your own preference. Be safe, and enjoy your riding!