Mobility scooters are incredible vehicles for they can raise the hope of freedom in those who are unable to move with their feet. Mobility scooters are an efficient alternative to wheelchairs as they do not require efforts from the user to be moved further.
Mobility scooters are mainly for those who have any sort of knee or leg injury so that they can move forwards freely and smoothly without affecting their injured leg.
Do you know a loved one who has arthritis or lung issues because of which they find it hard to walk or stand upright or do you yourself face these problems? The mobility scooter is cheap and very helpful. It will let you move and do your regular day to day activities
In this article, we shall discuss the 10 best mobility scooters to clear your confusion. We’ll study the pros, cons, essential features of each of these scooters and give a final verdict on each of them. You’ll learn the differences between each of them and also know what makes each scooter unique in its own way.
Best Mobility Scooters To Buy In 2021
1. Travel Pro Premium 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter
Ride the Travel Pro with independence and confidence. Easy to transport and maneuver with, these scooters are compact and let you experience freedom with its extremely exuberant features.
If you are looking for a Mobility Scooter that is comfortable and want to experience free movement even with knee injuries, then this 3 wheel scooter is for you.If you have tight or concrete spaces in your house that you want to pass through with ease and comfort, hop on the TravelPro Mobility Scooter.
Offering premium quality, you get great maneuverability in tight spaces with a sharp turning radius and smooth drive. Composed of an attractive fully-padded faux-leather seat that offers an adjustable height , flat free tires, forward/reverse controls, and a weight capacity of a whooping 275 lbs these scooters let you travel freely in comfort and style!
- The flat free tires of the scooter have the ability to make sharp turns and glide smoothly along the roads. Oftentimes during mobility or commuting we have to pass through narrow lanes and steep roads. With the powerful tires of the scooter you can maneuver smoothly even through tight spaces.
- Enjoy a speedy ride with this mobility scooter which offers the benefits of a high range travel mobility scooter such as a top speed of 4mph with a 6.3 mile drive range, along with providing forward/reverse controls.
- Even if you are healthy, you can ride the scooter as it has a weight capacity of a whopping 275 lbs.
- You can use a scooter as it can be quickly disassembled into 5 lightweight pieces that can be lifted very easily.
- You can ride in comfort and style as the Travel Pro scooter features an attractive fully-padded faux-leather seat. You can adjust this luxurious seat too!
- It is easy to put together.
- Having the swivel seat is very helpful when getting up
- This scooter has a perfect speed range for mobility.
- It does not make much noise.
- It’s Easy to use and handle.
- The scooter is budget friendly but reliable.
- Very portable and easy to transport.
- The O-ring pins might have fitting issues.
- The brakes are not entirely reliable
- The scooter is hard to turn.
You can enjoy smooth rides with the travel Pro as it has flat free tires with efficient gliding ability and a comfortable seat to make the ride feel more comfortable.
2. Roscoe Knee Scooter with Basket
Roscoe knee scooters for foot injuries are an ideal crutch alternative The scooter’s features keep the injured knee in comfort and ease thus making it one of the most special scooters out there.
For those seeking a safe, versatile crutch alternative, Roscoe Medical scooters are for them as they meet the needs of those with knee injuries by having features like the offset post on the foot scooter’s knee platform mobility. In short patients who cannot put weight on their foot or ankle, but want to remain active, can try out Roscoe knee scooters.
Roscoe knee scooters are built with disc brakes, allowing for better control. The scooter also consists of padded seat and handlebars which provide maximized comfort while riding.
- The scooter supports persons weighing up to 350lbs hence very comfortably you can ride on it.
- Compose of Large 8″ clear wheels these scooters ensure a smooth ride for you
- Keeping you comfortable. Knee Scooter that is steerable, and a very maneuverable alternative to traditional crutches for those with a broken foot, broken ankle, or leg injury
- Large wheels and padded knee platform make this one knee scooter perfect for indoor and outdoor use. Unlike crutches, it provides the most freedom; the detachable basket keeps your hands free to maneuver the steerable scooter.
- The knee walker scooter is foldable at the handlebars for easy transport and is a great hands free crutch while sitting still.
- It consists of an Adjustable hand brake and knee platform for comfort and stability
- Easy to assemble
- Well made and stable
- Easy to put together
- Turning radius is not sharp
- Does not ride well on smooth surfaces
The Roscoe scooter is perfect for indoor and outdoor use as it is composed of Large wheels and padded knee platform which provides the most freedom.
3. Drive Medical 4 Wheel Power Scooter
Drive Medical 4 Wheel PowerScooter can make disabled people feel the thrill of strong and powerful rides. The scooter delivers a speedy, long ride with its strong motor and batteries.
People who,even with injuries, want to ride scooters for a long time should try out the long ranged Drive Medical which features a 270w Power packed motor.
The Scout composes of 12AHor 20AH batteries which ensures that the scooter can cover a long range and deliver a powerful ride. It is also compact and lightweight and hence transport it anywhere you go and begin riding the powerhouse which will(with its features) leave you filled with excitement and happiness.
- Enjoy a long lasting ride with the 24V and 270W Motor which has a range of 15 long miles!
- The Armrests of the scooter are padded. You can adjust them the way you want to.
- Have full control over the scooter with the ergonomic throttle and the lHeight-adjustable swivel seat with fold-down backrest
- The scooters are composed of Flat-free, non-marking tires and anti-slip wheels which help you have a smooth ride
- Carry necessary stuffs on the large, plastic carry basket available on the scooter
- They come with 12AH or 20AH batteries hence you can have a powerful long ride
- Long Battery Life
- Compact unit and hence it can be disassembled easily.
- Easy to assemble
- Sturdy and well built
- Hard to turn
If you can’t tolerate rough and bumpy rides, then this scooter is for you as it has flat-free, non-marking tires and anti-slip wheels which help you have a smooth ride.
4. Vive 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter
The Vive 3 Wheel Mobility scooter keeps you secure and cautious. It also has features which can make anyone feel comfortable.
Disabled people who have to go through twisted roads and travel need to be more careful must try out the Vive 3 Mobility Scooter. People riding these scooters can be more vigilant and have good control over the ride.
The scooter composes a user-friendly control panel which lets you have full control of the scooter. It also comprises remarkable non-marking tires which ensure you smooth speedy ride. Its cushioned seat also guarantees your comfort.
- With the scooters’ 7.5” flat-free, non-marking tires which have a tight turning radius, you can navigate over any smooth surface such as concrete, pavement, tile with comfort and ease,
- You can experience complete ease with the Vive-3 as it is designed to safely support up to 265 pounds, a maximum speed of 3.7mph and a driving distance up to 12.4 miles per charge.
- The 16.9” lightly padded, wide, comfortably cushioned seat of the scooter is height adjustable and can be rotated too, to facilitate easy boarding and exiting. There are two padded armrests alongside the seat that can be adjusted too. Hence, you can see how comfortable your ride can be with the Vive 3-Wheel Mobility scooter.
- You can transport the scooter by quickly disassembling the Vive mobility scooter into four separate pieces for easy transportation. The scooter consists of a folding tiller and removable seat.
- You can have full control of the scooter by dialing in the maximum speed that you desire, turn on the headlight as well as produce a warning tone, on the control panel placed on the tiller console as needed. The display also includes a color-coded battery life indicator for checking the status of the battery at a glance.
- Easy to assemble
- Long battery life
- Comfortable seat
- Easy to use and transport
- Might be unstable at times
- Has a possibility of being tipped over
Those who are more likely to have peaceful rides should try out Vive 3 as these scooters do most of the work by displaying almost everything you need to know about the ride in the control panel, furthermore they have padded armrests and cushioned seats to keep you in a comfortable position.
5. BUZZAROUND EX Extreme 4-Wheel Travel Scooter
Enjoy one of the best creations of technology. The BUZZAROUND is full Size yet Portable and easy to disassemble hence it is pretty promising as a scooter to make you feel comfortable and satisfied. Its long range will fire up the riding spirits within you and leave you awestruck!
People who have a fondness for uniqueness and 4 wheel scooters are the suitable riders of BUZZAROUND EX Extreme for in a market filled with 3 wheeled and 2 wheeled scooters BUZZAROUND is one of the most reliable and durable 4 Wheeled scooters.
The Golden BuzzAround Extreme Scooter features 2U1 batteries, industry leading and the largest battery in this category which has an operating range of 18 miles! It also has large 9″ tires, and comfort suspension springs to make your long ride smooth and safe.
- The BuzzAround scooter features 2U1 batteries which have an extended drive range of 18 miles so you can enjoy a long ride.
- The scooter can accelerate upto aMax speed of 5 mph so you can 3enjoy a smooth ride.
- To ensure your comfort, manufacturers have instilled large 9″ tires, and comfort Front and rear suspension springs
- Experience a luxurious ride resting on the stadium-style height-adjustable seat in the scooter.
- Easy to assemble
- 4 wheels provide extra security
- Short battery life
If you are a fan of long drives and have been on a long beak because of your knee injury, no worries as the Buzzaround is here for you with its 18 miles drive range henceforth buzz around sitting on the comfortable seat for long rides with the Buzzaround E-Scooter.
6. Vive 4 Wheel Mobility Scooter
Vive 4 Wheel Mobility Scooter provides riders with stability and comfort.The rich features of the scooter help it to deliver a smooth and furnish ride along with satisfying the rider’s every comfort demand.
Riders who like to experience luxury must ride Vive 4 Wheel Mobility Scooter. Vive-4 is certainly for those who prioritise a comfortable ride which will make them feel like the ruler of their own world!
The scooter is composed of wide, comfortably padded, 15.75” seat and backrest which provide gentle cushioning and support. The seat can be adjusted and rotated too! Additionally, the scooter seat is surrounded by two padded armrests that adjust and flip upward for greater convenience when exiting or boarding.
- You can easily maneuver over smooth, indoor and outdoor surfaces with comfort and ease with the Vive four-wheel mobility scooter as it features 8” flat-free, non-marking tires, a maximum speed of 3.7mph and a driving distance up to 12.4 miles per charge.
- Comfortably padded, the wide, 15.75” seat and backrest provide gentle cushioning and support. The seat rotates and is also height adjustable for a customizable fit. Additionally, the scooter seat is surrounded by two padded armrests that adjust and flip upward for greater convenience when exiting or boarding.
- Quickly disassemble the Vive mobility scooter into four separate pieces for easy portability. Featuring a folding tiller and removable seat, each section easily fits in the trunk of standard size vehicles. The rear section weighs 29 pounds and is the heaviest of the four pieces.
- Located on the tiller console, the control panel allows you to set the maximum speed with the variable speed dial, change from a forward to a reverse direction, turn on the headlight as well as produce a warning tone as needed. The display also includes a color-coded battery life indicator for checking the status of the battery at a glance.
- Providing safe, stable mobility assistance, the Vive four-wheel mobility scooter easily maneuvers over smooth, indoor and outdoor surfaces such as concrete, pavement, tile and carpeting with a turning radius of 4.3’.
- The mobility scooter includes a lightly padded seat and backrest with flip-back armrests, 8” flat-free tires and a front-mounted storage basket for carrying daily necessities.
- With a top speed of 3.7 mph, the mobility scooter has a driving range of up to 12.4 miles per charge hence you can enjoy a long ride.
- Has good speed
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to transport
- Easy to recharge
- Quite noisy
- Hard to ride on uneven surfaces
- The foot rest is short
As a bundle of comfort and luxury, these Vive Scooters make your ride enjoyable as they have comfort-promising features like adjustable, cushioned seats, padded armrests,8” flat-free, non-marking tires.
7. Shoprider Echo 3 Wheel Scooter
Composing of excellent features, these scooters will leave you shocked once you know they are of the most lightweight scooters to be there. Echo scooter has a lightweight frame designed for the rider on the go.
People who are vulnerable and need to carry their vehicle with them to other places, Shoprider ECHO is for them.
The scooter can be disassembled into three pieces for portability and storage; with the heaviest part weighing just 35 lb. Its turning radius is very sharp hence you can pass through every corner with ease and flexibility.
- You can ride with complete ease and fun with The Echo three-wheel scooter as it provides maneuverability in tight spaces with a sharp turning radius and smooth drive.
- Enjoy peaceful rides with this Echo scooter which offers the benefits of a high range travel scooter such as a top speed of 3.75 mph with a 10-mile range,
- Have smooth rides with the Echo scooter which composes of flat free tires, forward/reverse controls, and a weight capacity of 250 lbs.
- You can disassemble the scooter into 4 lightweight pieces and transport the scooter anywhere you want.
- You can ride with utmost comfort as this travel scooter features an attractive fully padded leatherette seat . You adjust the height of the seat according to your convenience. There are also padded armrests for you to rest your arms during the ride and a basket to keep necessary items during the travel.
- Great turning radius
- Holds charge for a long time
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to use
- No shock absorbing features hence doesn’t ride well on rough surfaces
- Motor is not very powerful
If you want to ride with complete ease and fun then go for the Echo three-wheel scooter as it provides maneuverability in tight spaces with a sharp turning radius and smooth drive.
8. Go-Go Ultra X 3-Wheel Travel Mobility Scooter
There is no doubt that the manufacturing of the Go go Ultra has gone through by prioritizing rider’s convenience and comfort. Riders can experience rides by the X 3-Wheel Scooter with utter satisfaction as they will have a fair amount of control over the vehicle.
Riders who want to do things their way with simplicity and ease should choose Go-Go Ultra as it serves to satisfy your convenience.
Pride Go-Go Ultra X 3 wheel travel mobility scooter includes an updated frame design that allows it to disassemble into 5 easy-to-manage pieces so its very portable hence very easily you can transport it elsewhere. It also embodies a convenient drop-in battery box and a front-frame mounted seat post for maximum stability.
- You can experience a smooth ride with the Go-Go Ultra X which has a 260 lb. weight capacity, a maximum speed up to 4 mph and a range up to 6.9 miles per charge.
- Ride with stability as this scooter features a Front frame-mounted seat post.
- Transport and carry the scooter with ease by disassembling it into 5 lightweight pieces.
- The scooter features a modular design to help you receive a good service.
- The scooter comes with a convenient off-board dual voltage charger. You can charge the battery pack on-board or off-board according to your convenience.
- Auto-latching lockup mechanism permits simple frame separation with only one hand.
- Easy to put together
- Strong, sturdy and secure
- Long lasting battery
- Unable to run smooth on rough surfaces
- Quite Heavy
- Seat is not much comfortable
The scooter makes sure that everything goes according to your convenience for example it comes with a convenient off-board dual voltage charger which charges the battery pack on-board or off-board according to your convenience.
9. Pride Mobility 4-Wheel Scooter
Pride Mobility indeed does serve to make your life simpler and easier. Keeping in mind, the demands of mobility impaired riders, the manufacturers of the Pride Mobility have instilled outstanding features to the scooter so that it can provide support and ease to all of its riders.
People with mobility impairments are advised to try out Pride Mobility 4 wheel Scooter which provides them with support and comfort.
The scooter composes of inorganic handlebars so that you don’t have to use both of your hands for the ride. Along with that it has a front frame mounted seat to provide your back with comfort. Additionally it has a dual voltage charger which lets you charge the vehicle both off board and on board thus making your life hassle-free and easy!
- The scooter will provide you with support as it is strong enough to hold a weight load as high as 300 lbs.
- You can easily disassemble the scooter into 5 lightweight pieces for transport and storage
- You can have a comfortable ride and ride the scooter with only one hand as the Pride features ergonomic wraparound handles .
- The scooter is equipped with exclusive black, non-scuffing tires: which ensure you a smooth ride.
- It also features a stable, front frame-mounted seat post to support you.
- A standard front basket is also present with the scooter to let you carry essentials during the ride.
- The scooter’s charger port is located on the tiller so you can conveniently charge your scooter
- The dual voltage charger permits you to charge the battery pack on-board or off-board according to your convenience!
- The scooter features LED lighting to help you stay cautious.
- Outstanding battery life.
- Tight turning radius
- Easy to charge on or off board
- Seat is comfortable
- Wonderful battery life
- Easy to transport
- Some users may find it heavy
- Turning radius is not sharp
If you want to have full control and grip on your scooter with only one hand, pick Pride Mobility 4 wheel scooter as it features ergonomic wraparound handles.
10. iLiving V8 Foldable Electric Mobility Scooter
The craftsmanship and manufacturing of iLiving V8 E-Mobility scooter makes it compatible with your daily lifestyle. It’s lightweight with a frame structure crafted from heavy-duty aircraft-grade aluminum and all of its features make it reliable for you to carry on your regular day-to-day activities despite having injuries.
The V8 Foldable Electric Mobility Scooter is the perfect choice for individuals who wish to continue leading and living an active lifestyle.
The scooter features a patented quick-and-easy two-step fold/unfold system for convenient transport. It also features a USB port so you can charge your cell phone, and durable cushioned seat for maximum comfort.
- This compact and transportable scooter features a quick-and-easy two-step fold and unfold system so you can travel conveniently.
- The scooter is equipped with heavy-duty, lithium-ion batteries that can travel up to 15 miles on a single charge hence you can enjoy long rides.
- It is composed of a lightweight folding frame and UN38.3 certified batteries make iLiving’s scooter safe for you.
- While turning the scooter, its speed automatically reduces to prevent tip-overs and potential injuries.
- iLiving’s V8 Electric Scooter made from durable aircraft-grade aluminum, features an ultra-lightweight design, weighs only 40 pounds hence you can carry it anywhere you want.
- Easy to fold.
- Quite lightweight
- Has a long lasting range
- Well built and sturdy
- Easy to transport
- Turning radius is not quite good
If you believe in simplicity and want a scooter that will work as an assistant for you to carry on your daily activities then choose the lightweight framed, compact and easily transportable iLiving V8.
Things To Consider Before Buying Mobility Scooter
Mobility scooters are efficient vehicles and have loads of advantages. Those who have problems with moving with their feet or are indoor bound can use mobility scooters to expand their mobility. Mobility scooters are very easy to operate. They provide comfort to the knee or the injured part along with helping you have a smooth steady ride which is why mobility scooters are a lot better than wheelchairs.
Now if you are convinced to buy a mobility scooter but don’t know which one you should buy? If you are confused about how to buy yourself a perfect mobility scooter then, this piece of writing is for you, as here we will give you a thorough buying guideline so you can have a clear idea about which scooter you should choose. Moreover, we will also provide the answers to some FAQs.
1. Which size and type of scooter to buy
Scooters come in different sizes. The two categories in which mobility scooters can be classified are :
- 1)Class 2 mobility scooters
- 2)Class 3 mobility scooters
Before going to a scooter shop to buy a mobility scooter, you should know about Class 3 and Class 2 scooters so that when the shopkeeper asks you which one you want to buy, you don’t have to stare at him like a dumbo. So why wait? Let’s jump in.
Class 2 Mobility Scooters
Class 2 scooters are known as Road Class scooters. These scooters can go as fast as four mph. They are very lightweight, which makes them easy to carry and portable. These scooters can be stored in cars and can be folded too! These scooters are very compact also! These scooters feature basic driving controls and are not much complicated.
Class 2 scooters can be ridden in pavements, walkways, smooth road surfaces. This makes them ideal for trips down to the shops and for traveling around village areas. They can be used to complete regular activities and mainly for indoor activities. Since these scooters have short battery life, this means you can use them to travel short distances.
Class 3 Mobility Scooters
Class 3 scooters have the look of a small car rather than a mobility scooter. These scooters are large and spacious. They can go as fast as eight mph. These scooters can be driven on roads.
And can be driven on the roads. You must be 14 years old or over to conduct a class 3 vehicle. Large and robust. These scooters are equipped with a rear-view mirror and reflectors. They also consist of features such as indicators, headlights, horns, and hazard lights to help you drive them on roads.
It is tough to transport them as a ramp or lift must get them into a vehicle. Since these scooters have longer battery life and more challenging, they can travel long distances. Remember that only 14-year-olds and above can use Class 3 Mobility scooters.
Now that you know about both Class 2 and Class 3 scooters, we hope you will choose the scooter which suits your convenience. If you have decided to select Class 2 scooters, you don’t have to worry much as they do not have any restrictions.
But if you want to ride a Class 3 mobility Scooter, then before buying, make sure that, that Class 3 scooters have the following necessary features or not; if they don’t, then you should not buy that scooter as the scooter would be unsafe for riding without these features.
Class 3 mobility scooters must have these features for you to buy them:
- Must weigh 150kg
- Should have a maximum of 0.85 meters
- A maximum speed of 8mph
- The braking system has to be responsive
- Front and rear lights, indicators
- Warning hazard lights
- Rearview mirrors
Every rider wills to have a speedy ride and feel the fast breeze competing against them. However, this should not be the mindset of a mobility scooter rider. This is because mobility scooters help you while doing irregular activities and let you have a smooth ride.
Moreover, the infrastructure and mobility scooter does not allow A max speed level of 3.75mph is enough for a mobility scooter. However, suppose you still aren’t convinced and are a stubborn fan of speedy rides. In that case, you should go for mobility scooters with a minimum speed range of 4mph like the Go-Go Ultra X one.
Mobility scooters usually use 12 Volt batteries. The bigger the storm, the longer the scooter will run. It is essential to have a long-ranged mobility scooter if you want to enjoy long and fun rides. On the contrary, if you’re going to use the scooter to complete tasks, it is not needed to have very high ranges.
But then again, if the battery is too big, then the scooter might get too heavy. One of the most extended fields composed by a scooter is BUZZAROUND Four-wheel scooter consisting of 2U1 batteries with 18 miles.
Mobility scooters come in many different types. One feature that significantly distinct one mobility scooter from the other is the wheels. Mobility scooters can come in three or four wheels. Two of the wheels are rear wheels, and the different wheels are front. Now the big question, which one to choose?
Three-wheeled ones or four-wheeled ones? Well, this decision depends upon where you will be mainly using your scooter. For example, if you will be riding on bumpy roads where you need to make turns and twists, a four-wheel scooter such as BUZZAROUND is ideal for you.
But if you want to use your scooter in spacious indoor places or supermarkets, then a three-wheel scooter is perfect. Usually, four-wheel scooters have a better turning radius.
But then again, four-wheel scooters can be heavier than three-wheel scooters Now, if you are looking for a scooter that is lightweight + has a tight turning radius, then go for Shoprider Echo 3, which is a three-wheeled scooter and is renowned for its sharp turning radius!
Every mobility scooter must include a comfortable seat because it is one of the most crucial scooter features. This feature will provide you entire the support during the ride; hence the seat must be reliable and comfortable.
It is very very essential for you to check out which scooter matches your comfort level. Padded armrests and backrests are features present alongside the scooter’s seat; These features ensure further comfort. Please make sure the scooter’s seat can be adjusted so that you can adapt it to your height.
Or else you can conveniently sit during the ride. As an example, we can see the Travel Pro Scooter, which composes an attractive fully-padded faux-leather seat that offers an adjustable height.
Brakes are one of the essential features of a scooter. They ensure they are primarily responsible for the rider’s safety. The brakes stay on until the scooter is driven. As soon as the drive control is given off, the brakes re-engage. Hence it is crucial to check if the scooter you are thinking of buying has durable or at least “proper” brakes. Otherwise, if you see a sudden obstacle in front of you or a person walking up to you, then to avoid the bump, only the brake will help you. Roscoe knee scooters are built with disc brakes, allowing for better control and safety.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long do mobility scooters last?
If properly taken care of and ridden with safety, then the scooter can last for as long as five years!
2. Are mobility scooters safe?
Mobility scooters are safe if the rider maintains necessary precautions and measures while riding the scooter. It can also cause a lot of harm and damage if you bump into something or someone else, and you can even face accidents too. Hence it is essential to maintain safety measures while riding the scooter. If you want to k ow the safety precautions that you should take for riding a mobility scooter, you can have a look at this article:
3. Is there a speed limit for mobility scooters?
Class 3 mobility scooters can go as fast as 8moh, which is twice walking speed. They can go this fast on the road. However, they are restricted to 4 mph on pavement.
4. Will it rain ruin a mobility scooter?
There is a high possibility of the scooter being damaged under both heavy rain and dripping rain. Hence if you ever get stuck in the rain with your mobility scooter, you should cover it with a scooter cape or waterproof cover that might prevent damage to the scooter.
In this article we have seen 10 best mobility scooters for easy movement, we have known about their features, advantages and disadvantages. Now the decision is up to you, the combination of features which you think will be the best for you, choose that one! Buy the scooter you think will be best for you so that you can move with comfort and peace and complete your daily activities without any worries. If you have found this article don’t forget to share it with your friends and if you have any queries do leave a comment below!